The College magazine commenced publication in 1895 and ceased with the 1989 issue when Lincoln College changed it's name to Lincoln University. The College magazine spans the years when the organisation was known as Canterbury Agricultural College and Lincoln College, and in the early years was produced in parallel with the Old Students' Magazine, both of which were later incorporated into one publication.
In the years from 1896 to 1924 there were two issues per annum with the exception of 1901, 1905, 1918, 1922, and 1923 when there was only one issue. There were no issues published between 1902 and 1904. From 1925 to 1989 the magazine was produced annually with no omissions. Issue 13 was never published, the editorial of issue 14 outlines the lapse in publication in the preceding years.