Ivey Hall Redevelopment 1985-1987
Ivey Hall at Lincoln University has been altered and redeveloped several times since it was constructed in 1880. This collection of images show the changes made during the period 1985 to 1987. The deconstruction of the internal facilities and removal of the fittings preceeded the complete renewal of all parts of the building except for the retention of the facade. At this time the building changed from a general purpose facility to one which housed the library, but originally it provided accomodation for the Director and family with rooms for students, alongside teaching and lecture facilities. By the latter part of 1987 the result was an exceptional restoration of Ivey Hall and an outstanding focal point for the campus.